You need to, because a brand new technology called “Facedeals” is here that will automagically check you into Facebook at a given location, whether you realize it or not, whether you even like the place or not. Here’s a horrifying thought: What if the software accidentally identifies somebody resembling your profile pic walking into a place of ill repute or at a bar during working hours?
This is just a pandora’s box of issues just waiting to happen. But not to you. Because I’m telling you about it and showing you how to keep this from happening to your Facebook account.
How to keep reputation busting, privacy shattering, checkins from getting automatically posted to Facebook:
- Log into your Facebook account
- Go to the upper right drop down menu and choose “Privacy”
- Go to “Timeline and Tagging”
- Go to “Who can post on your Timeline” – I suggest “Friends” or something like that so that you don’t get random posts from strangers.
- Go to “Review posts friends tag you in…” – Click “ON” so that you get to control what gets posted on your Facebook Timeline
- Fix yourself a drink of some sort. Well done!!!
Please share this post with your friends and family who are on Facebook. They will thank you!!